Are you stressing? Because I definitely am. Today I am filled with tons of mixed emotions about everything taking place in my life, and also everything that is not taking place! I didn’t want to call it stress, but I sat back yesterday and really pondered on what I’ve been feeling and how I’ve been reacting to my emotions. Here’s what’s been taking place in my mind:
- How am I going to achieve that?
- Where is the money going to come from?
- When is this job going to just disappear forever?
- No one understands me.
- What if I could just “get a way,” would that change anything?
- Or maybe I should just go out more = spend whatever left moneys I have.
These are just some of my conjured up thoughts from stressing over events that have been taking place. So I took two seconds to do some homework to shift my mind and begin to heal my body. According to Franklin Institute, “A chronic overreaction to stress overloads the brain with powerful hormones that are intended only for short-term duty in emergency situations. Their cumulative effect damages and kills brain cells.” Unfortunately, as I read further, I was informed that stress can cause cardiovascular disease and may also lead to cancer. NOT MY HEART & BODY! OH NO NO! LONG LIVE PERNISHA!!!
Online, I found this awesome website that seems to be extremely beneficial to my stress management. At http://wellnessproposals.com/, not only to the help cope with the “regular” stresses, but they also cover a wide range of other stressors like divorce, anxiety, depression, family, money, and learning how to feel great about yourself! Awww, yes! Sounds like I’m on my way.
Here are a few quick distress tricks that I have not done lately, but intend to do very soon:
- LAUGH: For as long and as loud as you can… and mean it!
- JOG: Until sweat is all over your body.
- MEDITATE: For 30 minutes.
- COOK: A gourmet meal.
- BUBBLE BATH: Light some candles and let your thoughts float away. Don’t forget the dark chocolate and a few grapes.
- MASSAGE: That gorgeous body of yours, because it deserves it!
I’m feeling better already.
Ps. It’s all Love.